Happy Flag Day
Happy Flag Day everyone! Flag day is a day to show respect to the American flag and all that it stands for. Many people have fought and died to protect our flag, so today is a day to show your patriotism as well.
Here are some fun facts about the American flag.
• The flag is supposed to be flown from sunrise to sunset.
• The flag should not be flown at night, unless there is a light shown on it.
• The flag should not be flown in bad weather.
• After a tragedy or death, the flag is supposed to be flown at “half staff,” or “half mass” if you are on a ship.
• Never let your flag touch the ground. Ever.
• You must always fold your flag when you take it down.
• Old flags must be buried or burned. They are never to be thrown away.
Do you have some interesting facts about our county’s flag? If so, give us a shout back on our facebook page or by leaving a comment below.